This week at SEO Liverpool we’ve had a discussion this about how best to leverage b2b marketing. Have a look at our tips.
10 Tips for business-2-business marketing
1. Reach prospects early in the buying cycle
2. Advertise in “the tail”
3. Include non banded keywords
4. Pre qualify clickers
5. Focus and align ad copy
6. Create very specific landing pages and microsites
7. Test pages continuously
8. Offer multiple action options
9. Simplify registration forms
10. Turn web inquiries into sales leads
Advertising in the tail
Example is software: the tail would go to software…. enterprise software… business enterprise software and so on
Include non banded keywords
- Use adcopy to pre-qualify clickers
- Address your specific target audience
Pre qualify clickers
- Align ad copy with search query
- Modify copy across buying cycle
- laptop computer -> laptop information -> laptop user reviews -> ibm laptop models -> ibm thinkpad t61
- Typically between 3-10 pages.
- Focused on a solution or client type.
- It eliminates the political stuff that comes with changing a corporate website
Test page elements – landing page testing
- Run a/b or multivariate constantly on microsites.
- Pick items to test.
- Page layout.
- Action triggers.
Registration form placement.
- Names and descriptions of downloadable assets
- Registration form fields
Track & improve results
- Get some decent metrics into a chart of 60 days
- Allow for more than just one action
- Registration forms
*Scour the internet and look for great examples of these*
For more information contact SEO Liverpool