At Summit Online Marketing we want to give our readers tips, we know that some business don’t need to pay for SEO Packages, they just need a little helping hand. On that basis some information in a recent survey from Nielson shows that recommendations from consumers are most powerful. On the web, this translates into thousands of people.
As a Google SEO have a look at this frankly salient advice
Case Study – Starbucks announced closure of stores. Stock price dipped. At the same time there was a huge spike in the blogosphere regarding Starbucks.
More Stats. 7/10 Brits use the net for news. If your in that space, you have a huge opportunity. 97% of journalists go online to find stories on the web. 79% find stories on the news wires.
Budget – How many people have a viral marketing budget? Not too many. This is a definite issue.
Myth – Web and viral marketing costs a fortune. If you’re writing a white paper get an interview in the Times and other industry related magazines. This approach can take time, but their isn’t much cost involved.
Basic Elements – Free is really good, like a white paper, if you give away your expertise you will reap the rewards.
Make it easy for your content to spread and share
- Make sure it scales easily from small to large. Don’t crash your server! Use Youtube to host your content if need be.
- Social media takes advantage of common motivations and behaviours. People are generally social.
- Utilise existing communication networks like the news wires such as PR Web. Can you put news or podcast or video on there. Take advantage of these resources.
- The key is great quality content! There many different strategies. Great tip is adding an RSS feed.
- To blog or not to blog? Need a strategy. Who is going to say it? How often? You really need a plan. Don’t start a “me too” blog.
- Basic techniques: Forward to friend, bookmark features, etc. “Addthis.com” is a great tool to enable sharing.
- Youtube – Setup your own branded channel – create simple videos that are fun and quirky. Tell your clients and friends. Optimise your channel. Link from your website. Get a Flip Video Camera!
- Tubemogul is a free service that distributes your videos across the major channels. Can check the stats and pull reports.
Measuring success – Links – We know that links are gold for organic rankings. In our early days, we had a page on our website with lots of new free emoticons. From this we generated over 2,000 links within a couple of weeks
The best SEO advice is to make sure you have a plan to create the right connections.